Le Royaume’s Vision
Le Royaume Béni des Ste. Jehanne et Ste. Thérèse is “The Kingdom Blessed of St. Joan and St. Thérèse” shown to me by these two magnificent saints as if opening royal gates to an astonishingly beautiful Castle sitting majestically on the peak of a panoramic mountain. Le Royaume reflects my joy in living out the traditional French School of Catholic Spirituality under the friendship, sisterly care, and co-patronage of St. Joan of Arc and St. Thérèse of Lisieux. Le Royaume is about seeking, loving, and defending the Kingdom of God as reflected in the mystical union between Heaven and the Kingdom of France. This (t)radition of France as the “Eldest Daughter of the Church,” glorified in St. Joan of Arc’s divinely appointed mission, points to the noble, resplendent beauty of French Catholic spirituality and in general to the dogmatic (T)raditions of the Church, such as True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin (hyper-dulia) and devotion to the saints (dulia). Le Royaume celebrates the medieval faith and culture of France; yet, it is, at the same time, not bound by a particular point in history. It is eternal as a Form in the Immaculate Heart of Mary who holds the fleur-de-lys close to her heart.
This Kingdom of Sts. Joan and Thérèse is “La France Mystique,” the mystical Kingdom of France, which Kingdom, through the consecration of France to the Virgin Mary in 1638 by King Louis XIII and by the later decrees of Popes Pius XI (proclaiming St. Joan of Arc as secondary patroness of France) and Pius XII (proclaiming St. Thérèse as secondary co-patroness of France), belongs to the Virgin Mary with our saintly sisters. It uniquely emanates with what I describe as “the most beautiful color in the heavens,” that is, the combined spirituality of St. Joan of Arc and St. Thérèse of Lisieux as they guide us in their saintly and sisterly care on the Trail of the Dogmatic Creed to the center of the Immaculate Heart of Mary where Jesus Christ is enthroned in all of His glory.
Le Royaume’s Vision is the Blessed Virgin Mary’s Kingdom of Catholic France on earth as it is in Heaven, bathed in the mystically beautiful light of the combined spirituality of Sts. Joan of Arc and Thérèse of Lisieux. This Kingdom is not limited to the earthly boundaries of France but is a spiritual, worldwide society of sanctified souls living out their repentant, dogmatic confession of Catholic faith through total consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and in evangelical devotion to Traditional French Catholicism.
Le Royaume’s Mission
In order to bring our vision to life, Le Royaume inspires souls in God’s love to seek the subjective application of the fruits of Christ’s Redemption through the beauty and majesty of Traditional French Catholicism. Le Royaume’s operating model is a contemplative based personal devotion that seeks from God preparation for, continual growth in, and perseverance in sanctifying grace through the Traditional French Catholic experience and the Renaissance in our hearts of the Blessed Virgin Mary’s Catholic France. Le Royaume values humility and purity as indispensable virtues which lead us to seek that our witness to the world be known while we ourselves remain unknown in our person and unrecognized in our efforts. Le Royaume is under the co-patronage of St. Joan of Arc and St. Thérèse of Lisieux and guided by their beautiful, combined spirituality.
Le Royaume is the spiritual inheritance of St. Mary Magdalene, whom we honor and with whom we unite ourselves in contemplative prayer through the Immaculate Heart of Mary. With her brother Lazarus, she first brought the contemplative spirit of the apostolic age to what would become France. Therefore, St. Mary Magdalene is the prototype of Le Royaume’s contemplative spirit. We honor her as foundress and she through whose prayers and sacrifices the Lord and Our Lady surely blessed what was later to become the Virgin Mary’s Catholic France.
Le Royaume is about seeking first the Kingdom of God and His saving justice (Matthew 6:33) through the Truth, Beauty, and Goodness of the Traditional French Catholic experience. Through Traditional French Catholicism, we testify to LOVE, for God is LOVE (1 John 4:8). Through Traditional French Catholicism, we come to understand that true love is self-sacrifice in union with Jesus Christ for the glory of God (Mark 8: 34-38). Separated from GOD, we are separated from LOVE. Sin means to be separated from God and results in a spiritual condition where “we know not what we do” (Luke 23:34). We must repent (Matthew 4:17), meaning, we must change our course, in order that we therefore might “know what we do” in LOVING God. Through repentance we seek to change our ways to God’s ways (true LOVE and the opening of our hearts to the fruits of the Redemption), rather than to demand that God change His ways to our ways (self-love and the continued slavery to sin). We are able to go from “not knowing what we do” to “knowing what we do” through the infinite merits of Jesus Christ, Who is the WAY (Beauté – as our King, Judge, and Law Giver), the TRUTH (Verité – as the supreme Teacher of all mankind), and the LIFE (Bonté – as our eternal High Priest and the sole Mediator between God and man) (John 14:6). We must seek, prepare for, persevere in, and grow in sanctifying grace, which intrinsically justifies us and makes us pleasing to God. To seek the Kingdom of God is to seek sanctifying grace.
Le Royaume’s mission is to inspire a spiritual, worldwide Catholic Kingdom of souls who seek, grow, and persevere in sanctifying grace using a complementary threefold approach: 1) the Sacraments and habitual Eucharistic adoration in Total Consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary, ; 2) the friendship and sisterly care of St. Joan of Arc and St. Thérèse of Lisieux; 3) the beautiful, ennobling counterrevolutionary pedagogy of Traditional French Catholicism.
Le Royaume’s purpose behind the Mission is to build up, edify, and restore the beauty of the universal holy Roman Catholic Church that she might effectively evangelize for the salvation of souls.
“To Jesus through Mary in the friendship and sisterly care of Sts. Joan and Thérèse!”
Le Royaume does not assume Traditional French Catholicism to be normative for the Church as a whole nor superior to any other focused interest. On the contrary, our interest in French Catholic spirituality leads us to appreciate the richness of cultural expression throughout the universal Church. The more we love Le Royaume de France, the more we come to appreciate the unique roles other cultures play in the Church and what the Church does in uniting us all as a family in the Faith.
The Curé d’Ars and St. Philomena’s relationship with Le Royaume
Le Royaume sees the miraculous post-French Revolutionary turnaround in the small community of Ars through St. John Vianney and his powerful relationship with St. Philomena as the model for Le Royaume communities. We would see each local Le Royaume community as a “little Ars” where growth in sanctifying grace, piety, and holiness consumes the entire surrounding area. We seek for Le Royaume the intercession, patronage, and protection of St. Philomena and St. John Vianney to help us build these communities.
Le Royaume’s Three Step Approach
Le Royaume’s Three Steps
Le Royaume’s three steps are designed to aid inspired souls on their journey to the Kingdom along the Trail of the Dogmatic Creed with Ste. Jehanne and Ste. Thérèse:
- Seek the Kingdom (Vérité): True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary with the Sacraments and Eucharistic Adoration as the most efficacious means for seeking and renewing our hearts in sanctifying grace and for acquiring the ever-flowering grace of repentant, dogmatic faith in Jesus Christ and His Holy Catholic Church.
- Love the Kingdom (Beauté): The Dove and Rose devotion to the secondary co-patronesses of France, Sts. Joan of Arc and Thérèse of Lisieux, as a means of most efficaciously affecting True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin in our hearts, growing in sanctifying grace, and journeying joyfully and faithfully toward the mystical Kingdom of Catholic France in Eucharistic Adoration. (Visit The Dove and Rose devotional blog.)
- Defend the Kingdom (Bonté): The Counterrevolutionary and Royal Army of America as a means of most efficaciously persevering in sanctifying grace and affecting the contemplative, counterrevolutionary spirit of the Kingdom of Catholic France in our hearts. (Visit the CRAA blog.)
Le Royaume’s Goals
Le Royaume’s goals reflect our desired outcomes in inspired hearts and in a sanctified society:
- Seek the Kingdom (Vérité):
- Process goal: Bring True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin by St. Louis de Montfort and increased devotion to Eucharistic adoration to as many hearts as possible.
- Impact goal: To increase the desire for making, and renewing, a repentant, dogmatic confession of Catholic faith in as many hearts as possible.
- Love the Kingdom (Beauté):
- Process goal: Bring The Dove and Rose devotion to Sts. Joan and Thérèse to as many hearts as possible as a means to most fully and deeply fulfill our True Devotion to Mary.
- Impact goal: To raise awareness of and to increase joyful devotion to Sts. Joan and Thérèse in as many hearts as possible.
- Defend the Kingdom (Bonté):
- Process goal: Bring the counterrevolutionary spirit of Traditional French Catholicism to as many hearts as possible.
- Impact goal: Increase the spirit of Catholic counterrevolution in as many hearts as possible.
Le Royaume’s Motto
Vérité, Beauté, Bonté
(Truth, Beauty, Goodness)