The CRAA is under the co-patronage of Ste Jeanne d’Arc and Ste Thérèse de Lisieux
The CRAA supports the institution of a Catholic Monarchy for the United States, in the model of confederate/feudal Europe during the reigns of such noble Kings as St. Louis IX of France or even of later examples of glorious sovereign leadership such as Queen Isabel of Castile.
Though using the term “Monarch” rather than simply “King and Queen,” the latter is more descriptive of our model. It is not the authoritarian regalism of Louis XIV, though we honor and respect him in his role as defender of the Catholic Faith (ultimately) and of France, the “Eldest Daughter of the Church.” Our model is the more feudal one of a most Christian Catholic King and Queen who are subject to the moral authority of the Church and who rule relatively independent territories more as suzerains than as monarchs.
The Catholic Monarchy is our greatest hope for protecting our life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. The Catholic Monarchy would be the safeguard of local democracies, the rights of free speech and religion (“within due limits” as per Vatican II, Pius XII, Leo XIII, Pius IX, and Gregory XVI) and of free association.
The Catholic Monarchy is our greatest hope for protecting and promoting free enterprise, the right of local private ownership of property, and against multi-national corporations and globalization.
The Catholic Monarchy is our greatest hope for building a unified, high culture of arts, education, and language that seek the ennobling of its citizenry.
The Vision and Mission Statements of the CRAA:
“For it is not against human enemies that we have to struggle, but against the principalities and the ruling forces who are masters of the darkness in this world, the spirits of evil in the heavens.” (Eph 6:12, New Jerusalem)
“King of England, and you, Duke of Bedford, who call yourself regent of France … render account to the King of Heaven, the keys to all the good cities that you have taken and violated in France … go back to your own countries, for God’s sake … if you do not do so, I am commander of the armies, and in whatever place I shall meet your French allies, I shall make them leave it, whether they wish to or not; and if they will not obey, I shall have them all killed. I am sent from God, the King of Heaven, to chase you out of all of France…” (St. Joan of Arc)
“That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.” (American Declaration of Independence)
The Counterrevolutionary and Royal Army of America, as proposed and defined in my previous essay, is grounded on the following propositions:
Love for the Kingdom of God, our Divine King Jesus Christ, our glorious Queen the Virgin Mary, our brothers and sisters in the Church Triumphant who are the Saints, and for our fellow sojourners on this earth is the driving force of both the defense of and evangelization for the Catholic Church and Catholic culture, which are the seeds of God’s Kingdom on earth.
- Traditional Western Civilization, being the product of the Catholic Church, and including the United States of America, is in the 21st century a politically and culturally occupied land, our freedoms and cultures having been usurped, notably in the “Sixties” Revolution, by the same anti-God Revolution that overtook France in the bloody, atheistic 18th century French Revolution and Russia in the bloody, atheistic 20th century Bolshevik Revolution.
- The Divinely founded, institutional Catholic Church, including those baptized brothers and sisters outside her walls who nevertheless share her mission, is civilization’s only hope of sallying an effective counter-revolution to restore an authentic and truly free society that will also liberate mankind’s soul from the tyranny of evil.
- The nations of Western Europe, particularly France, must restore their traditional Catholic Monarchies, and the United States of America must herself establish an official Catholic Monarchy whereby the Church acts as the essential moral arm of the state.
Until such authentic governance and free cultures are established as truly progressive societal norms to counter the regressive and intrinsically evil social and political structures of the modern, atheistic, secular Republican state, a firm movement of organized resistance on behalf of Jesus Christ in His most holy Catholic Church and of our most worthy and glorious Queen, the Virgin Mary, must be established to disrupt the tactics of the Church’s ancient enemy such that the anti-God forces of darkness are ultimately sent back to Hell from where they came, and those under their influence, who now consider themselves our enemy, are therefore liberated in body and soul as our brothers and sisters in Christ to freely enter into the Kingdom of God.
“A restored and newly energized spirit of Christendom and Catholic culture in America and the West that enlightens the modern Dark Age of atheistic secularism and which establishes a truly progressive, free, and sanctified society.”
“The mission of the Counterrevolutionary and Royal Army of America is to aid souls in persevering in sanctifying grace by inspiring in them, using the Traditional French Catholic experience as a guide, a contemplative counterrevolutionary Catholic worldview which will consequentially influence through them the restoration of Christendom in social, cultural, and political affairs.
The CRAA seeks peaceful change in the temporal realm through the free acts of converted people living a life of sanctifying grace.”
Political and Cultural Goals
- The establishment of a Divine Right Catholic Monarchy in the United States which is the spiritual sister to a restored French Monarchy, who alone reigns for all of the world as the “Eldest Daughter of the Church.”
- The American Monarchy would be tied through blood to French nobility and would therefore receive an abundance of God’s graces through the latter’s divine predestination as protector and propagator of the Holy Catholic Church.
- Together, the American and French Monarchies would restore Catholic civilization and allow for freedom of religion, speech, and association, while Catholicism is preeminent in setting cultural and political norms. The Monarchies would stand together as a powerful counter-revolutionary buttress against the prevailing anarchic, revolutionary storms of modernism and secular humanism. The Monarchies would restore the practical experience of private ownership of property, a renewed spirit of entrepreneurialism and free-enterprise, and lively local and state democratic self-determination framed in the Natural Law.
“We are free – we are Catholic!”
St. Joan of Arc and St. Thérèse of Lisieux